Escort Radar Forum  

Go Back   Escort Radar Forum > Windshield Radar Detectors > MAX 360

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #11  
Old December 16th, 2015
divotmaker divotmaker is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulletbling View Post
They probably don't do it because there aren't a ton of mac users out there. Most people feel that they are overpriced for what you get, otherwise they'd be more popular. With that said, they shouldn't abandon the few mac users that use their products.
There actually are a ton of mac users, especially the same people that would consider a radar detector in this price range.

I have 4 escort detectors. I was ready to add to a 360 until I saw this. For some reason Escort has always treated Mac users as second class customers. I bet the number of buyers of their high end detectors have a much larger percentage of Mac products than overall market percentages.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old December 16th, 2015
Bulletbling Bulletbling is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 91
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by divot maker View Post
There actually are a ton of mac users, especially the same people that would consider a radar detector in this price range.

I have 4 escort detectors. I was ready to add to a 360 until I saw this. For some reason Escort has always treated Mac users as second class customers. I bet the number of buyers of their high end detectors have a much larger percentage of Mac products than overall market percentages.
This is because people who buy Mac's have more money typically, but the rest of us see them as overpriced for what you get and tend to go for the products you get your money's worth for (windows). But you do make some sense. However, the MAC users of their products are likely miniscule in comparison to the windows users which is why the windows updates occur first.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old December 16th, 2015
halfbent halfbent is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 3
Default

When is this happening?!?! It's almost 2016. This sort of turn-around is pretty poor. Seems like you guys need some better business processes..., and management. Let me know if you are interested I'd be happy to pull Escort to the top

Last edited by halfbent; December 16th, 2015 at 10:44 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old December 19th, 2015
GregK's Avatar
GregK GregK is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Palatine, IL.
Posts: 716
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by divot maker View Post
There actually are a ton of mac users, especially the same people that would consider a radar detector in this price range.

I have 4 escort detectors. I was ready to add to a 360 until I saw this. For some reason Escort has always treated Mac users as second class customers. I bet the number of buyers of their high end detectors have a much larger percentage of Mac products than overall market percentages.
I must be part of the lower class then. I own Nothing Mac. I have a windows computer. And yet I had enough money to buy the 360. I also own a MAX and a 9500IX. Snob comment? Thats how I take it, but worry not; my feelings are not hurt.
__________________
Greg
<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>
PLEASE...Help Save An Innocent Life !
www.aspca.org
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old December 19th, 2015
GregK's Avatar
GregK GregK is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Palatine, IL.
Posts: 716
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulletbling View Post
This is because people who buy Mac's have more money typically, but the rest of us see them as overpriced for what you get and tend to go for the products you get your money's worth for (windows). But you do make some sense. However, the MAC users of their products are likely miniscule in comparison to the windows users which is why the windows updates occur first.
People who own Macs have more money typically? REALLY? I'd love to see the research on that. Thats an odd comment.
__________________
Greg
<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>
PLEASE...Help Save An Innocent Life !
www.aspca.org

Last edited by GregK; December 19th, 2015 at 04:42 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old December 19th, 2015
akamanonthemoon's Avatar
akamanonthemoon akamanonthemoon is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 47
Default

I have Macs as well though wouldn't say that is because I have more money. Like the Max360 I like things you can take out of the box and go! Macs just work! Just joking! ;-)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old December 19th, 2015
mdlinkous mdlinkous is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 275
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregK View Post
People who own Macs have more money typically? REALLY? I'd love to see the research on that. Thats an odd comment.
Id encourage the research... I think you'd be surprised.... and also agree with the comment about Mac users buying a radar detector like a 360.

Me, personally, I jumped on the bandwagon on the Max 1 and was unable to update for quite a while because of no support for Mac. Even when they did, it had limited functions compared to Windows Detector Tools. Now, I would like a Max360 but will not buy until they offer Mac support.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old December 20th, 2015
TBNTX's Avatar
TBNTX TBNTX is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Topeka, KS
Posts: 6,908
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulletbling View Post
This is because people who buy Mac's have more money typically, but the rest of us see them as overpriced for what you get and tend to go for the products you get your money's worth for (windows). But you do make some sense. However, the MAC users of their products are likely miniscule in comparison to the windows users which is why the windows updates occur first.
Hi Bulletbling -

I work in a computer department at one of those big box stores that sell pretty much every brand of computer, and I disagree with your statements.

It has been my experience that people choose to buy their computers for a variety of reasons. However, stating that people who buy Macs "have more money" seems awfully baseless to me. If you can cite research to validate this, I'd like to see some evidence to back this assertion. I've sold plenty of systems, both Macs and PCs, and I've seen customers pay as much (or more) for their PCs/laptops that are on-par with comparable Mac systems. Be mindful that one needs to be sure that when the systems are being compared, everything needs to be taken into consideration, including build quality, components, reliability, technical support and such. Also, factor-in any "hidden" costs, like anti-virus subscriptions.

Stating that Macs are "overpriced for what you get" also doesn't take into consideration that Macs come loaded with useful software (e.g., the iLife and iWork suites, which include full-featured apps: iPhoto, iMovie and GarageBand; and Pages, Numbers and Keynote). In contrast, most of the new PCs purchased today typically include only the Windows operating system. Some of the low-end PC systems include a one-year subscription to Office 365, but the user has to purchase a renewal each year thereafter.

I agree that Windows-based systems have a larger market share. That's a given. But Apple's marketshare is hardly miniscule. Depending on whose reports one reads, Apple's Mac OS X marketshare (for desktops and laptops) is generally considered to be in the vicinity of 10% when compared with the overall Windows and alternate OS platforms. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usage_...rating_systems for an unbiased reference.

I can go on about other considerations, and I can argue both sides, but it's not my intention to promote one platform over another. This said, I think that your statements are probably presumptive and mistaken.

I'm not picking an argument, Bulletbling, but I also feel that it's important to present a balance.

Now, all of that said, I'd like to see an updated version of Detector Tools for the Mac, too, so that Mac owners can update their Max 360s.
__________________


Countermeasures:

Radar Detectors: Max 360c, Redline EX, Max 360, & others plus Escort Live!
Dashcam: Escort M1 and Thinkware F750

-------------------------------------
Moderators here are not Escort employees.

If you need immediate help, please call Escort Radar customer service right after they open at 9:00 A.M. Eastern time, at 1-800-543-1608, option 2. Wait for the pause following the message and use the option for a call-back.
-------------------------------------

Last edited by TBNTX; December 20th, 2015 at 03:53 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old December 20th, 2015
brandon brandon is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 46
Default

Here is a study for you

http://www.cnet.com/news/are-mac-users-smarter/
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old December 20th, 2015
akamanonthemoon's Avatar
akamanonthemoon akamanonthemoon is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 47
Default Mac Version of Detector Tools for Max 360?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon View Post

You can hardly go by that article it's 13 years old a lot has happened since then


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2018 Escort Inc.