Escort Radar Forum  

Go Back   Escort Radar Forum > Windshield Radar Detectors > RedLine

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #21  
Old June 10th, 2010
Riptide's Avatar
Riptide Riptide is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 141
Default

Interesting
nine_c1's redline is back and repaired and my STi-R should be back tomorrow
my mounting was as low as possible since someone(forget who) told me to do that so it could see under cars. I may move it up into the grille area now though.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old June 12th, 2010
tiresmokindad tiresmokindad is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJR238 View Post
Picked up a RedLine the other day for a test run. So far im impressed and I hope to post some videos at some point.
Over all its a really nice RD, well built and good basic features. The one thing i absolutely love that compensates for the limited buttons is the ability to adjust volume via the remote mute button, very good idea.

Positives:
-Great range similar to my 9500ci.
-"Multiple signal detected" is back!
-Well built, very heavy looks awesome.
-Ramp up seems better.
-Auto dim works up high.


Oddities/disappointments :
-Alert Lamp blinks when muted at a set rate as apposed to ramp up rate.
-Alert lamp is off when in dark mode. Logical but why have a separate setting for it? Would be nice to only see that blinking in dark mode if it followed a good ramp up
-No band seg and RDR. (please add this...)
-Voice alert is quieter than beep alert.
-Didn't come with the DS stickers like the X50 i also picked up.
-Auto dim goes full brightness at night with a car behind you.
Nice information. Although that voice alert is quieter than beep alert. I also purchase mine. And it seems so nice for me although odds are more than positives. All against odds.
________
Verve Concepts

Last edited by tiresmokindad; March 11th, 2011 at 06:48 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old June 12th, 2010
KOMO's Avatar
KOMO KOMO is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 29
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
Interesting
nine_c1's redline is back and repaired and my STi-R should be back tomorrow
my mounting was as low as possible since someone(forget who) told me to do that so it could see under cars. I may move it up into the grille area now though.
See under cars?

I wouldn't worry about that, just mount it as high as you can with a clear line of sight of the road ahead.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old June 12th, 2010
PhotogTom PhotogTom is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 12
Default

I had the redline along with me for my trip to Ohio last week. It was very good. Excellent range compared to my old 8500.

Ohio's filled to the brim with state troopers, trying to refill the state's financial coffers now that the tax base is drying up. They were out in force Memorial weekend, sometimes as many as 6-8 cars in a 4 or 5 mile stretch. The Redline never let me down (although I was a little conservative with my speed anyway - when they're that thick, it pays to be extra careful).

One thing of note - Ohio got rid of that dual speed limit that they had during my last few visits (cars 65, trucks 55), and that took care of a LOT of aggravation for us 4-wheelers. No more trucks doing 56 mph in the hammer lane passing trucks doing 55. Traffic on I-71 flowed much more freely as a result.

Didn't see nearly as many police in Kentucky and Tennessee. I guess their state budgets are closer to being balanced than that of Ohio.

Anyway, Redline did its job well.
__________________
Tom
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old June 12th, 2010
Nine_c1's Avatar
Nine_c1 Nine_c1 is offline
Armchair Expert
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,576
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotogTom View Post
I had the redline along with me for my trip to Ohio last week. It was very good. Excellent range compared to my old 8500.

Ohio's filled to the brim with state troopers, trying to refill the state's financial coffers now that the tax base is drying up. They were out in force Memorial weekend, sometimes as many as 6-8 cars in a 4 or 5 mile stretch. The Redline never let me down (although I was a little conservative with my speed anyway - when they're that thick, it pays to be extra careful).

One thing of note - Ohio got rid of that dual speed limit that they had during my last few visits (cars 65, trucks 55), and that took care of a LOT of aggravation for us 4-wheelers. No more trucks doing 56 mph in the hammer lane passing trucks doing 55. Traffic on I-71 flowed much more freely as a result.

Didn't see nearly as many police in Kentucky and Tennessee. I guess their state budgets are closer to being balanced than that of Ohio.

Anyway, Redline did its job well.
Glad to hear your RedLine served you well.

What radar bands did you see in Ohio?
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old June 12th, 2010
fire65 fire65 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 57
Default

Those of us that run the V1 and the Sti-R run the V1 high as possible then put the Sti-R as low as possible. If you just run the Sti-R then you might run it high.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old June 13th, 2010
jmccam's Avatar
jmccam jmccam is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 156
Default

Spent yesterday fabricating a new mount that would allow me attach my STi-R under my front license plate holder.

My RL has absolutely been blowing my remote unit away, something that I did not think should be happening. Though my original placement as seen in the first photo had a clear view of the road, I have always thought that because it was recessed it was causing part of the antenna's ability to pick up radar was being blocked.

My car is limited on the front where I can mount my antenna and though I only actually raised the unit two or three inches, the new mount afforded it to come forward about six to eight inches and gives the antenna an absolute clean and 100% unobstructed view of the road.

Though, I am not convinced that the remote needs to be tuned up, I did have one KA 34.7 encounter yesterday and the STi-R beat the RL by about a second and a half. Not a huge deal except the fact that the RL has a RVM mount, the remote is low in the front air dam and there was a concrete barrier between the LEO and the car. In the past test, the RL has eaten my STi-R up on these shots.

I am heading across the Lake Pontchartrain bridge today. This 24 mile bridge will allow me to test both units against the Causeway LEOs who run C/O 34.7 and the Ultralyte LTI.

Photos below are as follows: 1st is the original set up; 2nd and 3rd shots are the new set-up. Notice that the antenna sits just forward of the metal plate. I really believe this may help.
Attached Images
   
__________________
Countermeasures:
Beltronics STi-R; KA 2/5/8; RDR Off; X Off; Pop Off; SWS Off
V1 - 3.872
Redline
8500 X50 (Blue) REV 5
Blinder Xtreme M-47
Cheetah GPS Mirror
Garmin 255W with Trapster
9500ix Highway(Sold)

"We will either find a way, or make one" - Hannibal
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old June 13th, 2010
MyEscort8MyV1's Avatar
MyEscort8MyV1 MyEscort8MyV1 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 879
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmccam View Post
Notice that the antenna sits just forward of the metal plate.
Looks nice!
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old June 13th, 2010
jmccam's Avatar
jmccam jmccam is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 156
Default

Ok...update.

Definitely an improvement. It appears to be quicker on it's detection. It is really weird, because sometimes it is just beating the RL and then other times the RL is killing it by 10 seconds or more.

The RL is a beast looking over hills.

I will keep watching it.
__________________
Countermeasures:
Beltronics STi-R; KA 2/5/8; RDR Off; X Off; Pop Off; SWS Off
V1 - 3.872
Redline
8500 X50 (Blue) REV 5
Blinder Xtreme M-47
Cheetah GPS Mirror
Garmin 255W with Trapster
9500ix Highway(Sold)

"We will either find a way, or make one" - Hannibal
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old June 20th, 2010
PhotogTom PhotogTom is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine_c1 View Post
Glad to hear your RedLine served you well.

What radar bands did you see in Ohio?
Sorry for the slow reply - haven't been here in a few days.

If I recall, it was mostly K and Ka. They still enjoy their instant-on moving radar, and they are known to have a bear in the air on occasion. I suspect that the way they were piling up in one area (2 or 3 together in the median), they were setting up an air trap. That particular area didn't show any radar or laser activity so I would guess that they were clocking by plane instead.
__________________
Tom
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2018 Escort Inc.