Escort Radar Forum  

Go Back   Escort Radar Forum > Windshield Radar Detectors > ESCORT iX

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old August 31st, 2017
NickCats NickCats is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 10
Default Acura MDX IVT

I retired my passport 8500 a couple of weeks ago and picked up the IX. So far I have been very pleased with the detector, much quieter than the 8500. One of my main reasons for the new detector is that IVT was constantly setting off my 8500 ( I live in the Chicago suburbs and have a daily 1 hr expressway commute to work ).

Today I got stuck behind an Acura MDX. My IX K band indicator went off for the entirety of the trip - very frustrating. I have to most recent downloads from Escort - any idea when they will update to block out the K band used in the Acura ?

Thanks,

Nick
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old August 31st, 2017
Butcher318 Butcher318 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,856
Default

If you do some reading on this or any radar detector forum you will learn that Acura is by far the worst offending vehicle that has the strongest signal. So far no detector made can filter out an Acura with any level of consistency. That said this whole CAS and BSM is a major problem that will probably never be solved at 100%.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old September 1st, 2017
NickCats NickCats is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 10
Default

Butcher,

Thanks for the reply. Good to know the issue with Acura is common. I wonder if the pending update for the 360 will carryover to the IX and help ?

Nick
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old September 5th, 2017
scodav scodav is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickCats View Post
I retired my passport 8500 a couple of weeks ago and picked up the IX. So far I have been very pleased with the detector, much quieter than the 8500. One of my main reasons for the new detector is that IVT was constantly setting off my 8500 ( I live in the Chicago suburbs and have a daily 1 hr expressway commute to work ).

Today I got stuck behind an Acura MDX. My IX K band indicator went off for the entirety of the trip - very frustrating. I have to most recent downloads from Escort - any idea when they will update to block out the K band used in the Acura ?

Thanks,

Nick

I'm having significant issues with GM products, whether the Caddy, Chevy, or GMC branded vehicles, mostly their SUV's, I get constant K band tones, it's so annoying I feel like tearing the IX off the windshield and throwing it at the vehicle.

Is anyone else having these issues with their IX? When is there another update for the IVF for the IX? I see one was posted for the Max.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old September 5th, 2017
Butcher318 Butcher318 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,856
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scodav View Post
I'm having significant issues with GM products, whether the Caddy, Chevy, or GMC branded vehicles, mostly their SUV's, I get constant K band tones, it's so annoying I feel like tearing the IX off the windshield and throwing it at the vehicle.

Is anyone else having these issues with their IX? When is there another update for the IVF for the IX? I see one was posted for the Max.
I think you mean IVT. I would imagine the rest of the Max line and then the IX will be up for changes.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old September 5th, 2017
SuperDave's Avatar
SuperDave SuperDave is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Louisville KY
Posts: 85
Default

I've asked a couple of times - I see more new people are buying the IX recently so if all of us good customers keep asking....

I use TSR on and auto mostly, and have cruise alert set at 30. that catches a lot but yes some of those get through.
__________________
25 yr detector user
Escort IX
Redline
Passport X50
Whistler 1788
Uniden superwide
Cobra trapshooters
Fuzzbuster
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old September 6th, 2017
Dgc333 Dgc333 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: MA
Posts: 26
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scodav View Post
I'm having significant issues with GM products, whether the Caddy, Chevy, or GMC branded vehicles, mostly their SUV's, I get constant K band tones, it's so annoying I feel like tearing the IX off the windshield and throwing it at the vehicle.

Is anyone else having these issues with their IX? When is there another update for the IVF for the IX? I see one was posted for the Max.
Instead of getting that annoyed just mute the signal or turn the unit off. I would say 90% of the time I encounter a vehicle with IVT I am not speeding so turning the detector off is a viable response.

One of the best features from Escort is the Smart Cord. I hard wire my detectors in and mount the smart cord module on the console in easy reach to mute signals I don't want to listen to.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old September 6th, 2017
scodav scodav is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgc333 View Post
Instead of getting that annoyed just mute the signal or turn the unit off. I would say 90% of the time I encounter a vehicle with IVT I am not speeding so turning the detector off is a viable response.

One of the best features from Escort is the Smart Cord. I hard wire my detectors in and mount the smart cord module on the console in easy reach to mute signals I don't want to listen to.
So turn the unit off? That's a ridiculous statement and has no value really. The question was posed about whether the marketed updatable IVT would be updated, not, should I turn off a $500 piece of equipment that could use an update. And, I do have the smart cord and due mute it. That's not the issue nor the question.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old September 6th, 2017
Dgc333 Dgc333 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: MA
Posts: 26
Default

No it's not, threatening to toss it out the window is a ridiculous statement. If the false alarms from IVT aggregate you that much turning it off until the source is gone makes perfect sense.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old September 6th, 2017
scodav scodav is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgc333 View Post
No it's not, threatening to toss it out the window is a ridiculous statement. If the false alarms from IVT aggregate you that much turning it off until the source is gone makes perfect sense.
Go look up the definition of hyperbole....Again, another ridiculous statement. You again escape the premise behind the post which is to find out when the updatable IVT will be updated. Move along...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2018 Escort Inc.