Escort Radar Forum  

Go Back   Escort Radar Forum > Windshield Radar Detectors > MAX II and MAX

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #21  
Old July 17th, 2018
RickyD RickyD is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by poolmon View Post
Good to hear.
Did you use DT's green "Software Update" button on the Main tab, or did you use "Update All" on the Advanced tab to update your MAXs?
You have to use UPDATE ALL. I did not at first and only got 3 of the update steps. After a call to Escort CS, did I learn that UPDATE ALL fully transfers all 5 of the update files to the unit.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old July 17th, 2018
poolmon poolmon is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,748
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyD View Post
You have to use UPDATE ALL. I did not at first and only got 3 of the update steps. After a call to Escort CS, did I learn that UPDATE ALL fully transfers all 5 of the update files to the unit.
I'm not surprised the Update All updates more files since it replaces the software entirely, but this is not normally necessary for all updates. If IVT is one of those where it is, ESCORT may want to officially flag it as such, here and on the web page.

Most users are going to automatically use DT's Main Tab Software Update instead, since few users probably even venture into the Advanced Tab. Flagging it would also help avoid a bunch of calls to ESCORT as well any potentially inaccurate feedback as respects the effectiveness of the update if it doesn't install fully, but reports that it does.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old July 17th, 2018
RickyD RickyD is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by poolmon View Post
I'm not surprised the Update All updates more files since it replaces the software entirely, but this is not normally necessary for all updates. If IVT is one of those where it is, ESCORT may want to officially flag it as such, here and on the web page.

Most users are going to automatically use DT's Main Tab Software Update instead, since few users probably even venture into the Advanced Tab. Flagging it would also help avoid a bunch of calls to ESCORT as well any potentially inaccurate feedback as respects the effectiveness of the update if it doesn't install fully, but reports that it does.
Man, you are soooo right. When I bought my Max's, I tested them before the update. Then, did the update (not Update All), and noticed a slight difference in K false reduction. Called Escort CS, and they told me I should have used Update All. After that, tested again, and now a HUGE difference.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old July 21st, 2018
Jesse_w_k Jesse_w_k is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Virginia
Posts: 422
Default

For anyone else having trouble, I got the "Update" button the front of the software to work, but then I went to do the "Update All" on the Advanced tab and I got an error.
May seem trivial, but this is what I did:

1. Unplugged my detector
2. Uninstalled Detector Tools and all associated drivers it asked me about during removal
3. Downloaded the latest version from Escort
4. Installed that and all associated drivers it asked me to
5. Plugged my detector back in and the "Update All worked" (4 updates)

Running Win 7, 64-bit.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old August 19th, 2018
swrobel swrobel is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 2
Default

Updated my max and wondering if there's any setting I need to enable to turn on the IVT filtering
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old August 20th, 2018
poolmon poolmon is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,748
Default

No. The IVT is part of the overall operating system and is not adjustable with settings/preferences.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old August 20th, 2018
swrobel swrobel is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by poolmon View Post
No. The IVT is part of the overall operating system and is not adjustable with settings/preferences.
Damn, in that case it wasn't quite what I was hoping for. Still getting lots of K alarms around Nissans & Acuras.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old August 20th, 2018
TBNTX's Avatar
TBNTX TBNTX is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Topeka, KS
Posts: 6,542
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swrobel View Post
Damn, in that case it wasn't quite what I was hoping for. Still getting lots of K alarms around Nissans & Acuras.
Tese are the two worst offenders in my experience. Dammit.
__________________


Countermeasures:

Radar Detectors: Max 360c, Redline EX, Max 360, & others plus Escort Live!
LIDAR Defense: Escort LSP + Veil G4
Phone: Apple iPhone 6s (128 GB) + AT&T
CB: Midland 75-822
HAM: Yaesu FT-7900R, Baofeng UV-5R, UV-3R
Scanner: GRE PSR-500 (Triple-trunking)
GPS: iPhone 6s with GPS Plus and Waze
Dashcam: Escort M1 and Thinkware F750
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old August 21st, 2018
EscortRadar's Avatar
EscortRadar EscortRadar is offline
Official Escort Rep
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 17,038
Default

I don't recall ever getting alerts from Nissans. If you think you are, then please let me know the model of Nissan.

Thank you
__________________

Escort Radar customer service is available from 9am-5:30pm Eastern Time Mon-Fri at 1-800-543-1608 or you can fill out a repair form and we will contact you.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old April 10th, 2019
bduzgit bduzgit is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 6
Angry

i completely stopped getting KA alerts after the latest update.... :S
i drove 490 miles on I-75 and didnt get a single KA alert which i did get before the update on the same route...

How am i gonna change it back to the previous firmware ?
You guys made my detector useless now
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2018 Escort Inc.